admin
Site Admin

Friday Filter: Mainly Management Edition

Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:58 pm

With everything from Counter-Strike to Football Manager being listed in Steam's 'Strategy' category, it can be hard to decide what is worth your time.

http://www.strategygamer.com/articles/friday-filter-mainly-management-edition/

Private Prinny

Re: Friday Filter: Mainly Management Edition

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 am

I just wanted to nerd-gasm*cough* stress the fact that Halycon 6: Lightspeed Edition is really really good!

...and not only because I kickstarted it... ;-P

It is a really fun game and with the amount of post-launch patches and content updates since Sep 2016 it just got better.

I may be biased in my opinion (pixel art? Final Fantasy-like ATB battles...in space?) but from the execution to the presentation this game is awesome. I do not have too much time to game at the PC anymore but this game eats away at the hours nonetheless...
The only way this game could be perfect if it would have been released on iOS......if I could play this gem on my iPad while commuting...I would miss my stop each and every day.....

Really an awesome blend of genres...and the humor in this game.....I just spend (again) a ton of time in the character creation screen and re-rolled them a billion times to read the crazy character bios the dev-team has come with the officer pool.

If there is only one indi-game on steam I could take with me to the proverbial deserted island...it would be Halcyon 6.
Last edited by Private Prinny on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

EICJoe

Re: Friday Filter: Mainly Management Edition

Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:40 am

That's a good a recommendation as any ;) we'll have to look into doing a full review!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Strategy Gamer Front Page Discussion”