Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition July 2020 Update21 Jul 2020 0
People may be looking towards Age of Empires 3’s remake & the long-awaited Age of Empires 4, but Age of Empires 2 is still alive and kicking. The Definitive Edition has just received a big update.
The highlights include balance improvements to over 23 different maps, separate Random Map & Deathmatch map pools, a new map, and a bunch of little tweaks and stat/cost changes.
There’s a new Mongol Civ event happening, with a new competitive single-player map. The community is also able to vote on which maps they want in the two map pools.
Here's’ a video talking about the new changes:
And here’s the full summary of the update from the patch notes page:
- Ranked Matchmaking updates! Separate Random Map & Deathmatch map pools; new ‘Preferred Map’ and ‘Prefer Random Civilization’ option in lobbies!
- Various balance changes and bug fixes to 6 civilizations and several campaigns!
- A long list of map improvements to over 23 maps!
- AI Improvements!
- Pathfinding improvements!
- The Horde of Genghis Khan approaches during the Mongol Civ Event!
- NEW MAP: Land Nomad!284
- New competitive Single Player scenario!
- New ‘player lookup’ functionality in Profile menu!
Are you still playing Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition? Let us know in the comments!