The first of Civilization 6’s ‘New Frontier' DLC Packs is out now21 May 2020 0
Last week Firaxis announced a new wave of DLC content that was coming to Civilization 6. The ‘New Frontier Pass’ promised six DLCs over the next year, with a rough released cadence of one every two months. The first pack in this new cycle - the Maya & Gran Colombia Pack - is now live.
The full headline features include:
- Mayan Civilization with new Leader: Lady Six Sky.
- Includes unique Hul’che unit and Observatory District
- Gran Colombia Civilization with new Leader: Simón Bolívar
- Includes unique Comandate General and Llanero units, as well as the Hacienda unique improvement
- New Game Mode: “Apocalypse” Game Mode (requires Civilization VI: Gathering Storm)
- Adds Forest Fires and Meteor Showers as disaster types to all games
- Optional, specialized game mode with exclusive rule changes:
- New disasters: Comet Impact and Solar Flares
- Larger versions of existing disasters
- New military unit: Soothsayer, a Support unit that can trigger natural disasters at the player’s command
- New scored competition: Sacrifice units to volcanoes. Requires Soothsayers to use their unique action on friendly units near a volcano
- The world enters an apocalyptic state when climate change reaches its maximum level
- New Resources: Honey (luxury), Maize (bonus)
- New Natural Wonders: Bermuda Triangle, Paititi, Fountain of Youth
- New City-States: Caguana (cultural), Singapore (industrial), Lahore (militaristic), Vatican City (religious), Taruga (scientific), Hunza (trade)
Here are the introduction videos for the two new civilisations:
The New Frontier Pass can be purchased as a complete set for £32.99/$39.99, and the new Maya/Gran Colombia Pack is available on its own for £7.39/$9.99. Keep an eye on our Civilization 6 DLC guide for more information on the later packs as it gets announced.