Paradox announces EU Rome successor Imperator: Rome19 May 2018 0
Europa Universalis: Rome was stand-alone grand-strategy title that gained cult status due to its marriage of EU's nation building and Crusader King's focus on characters. Aside from the rising clamor for Victoria 3, a sequel to EU Rome has historically been one of Paradox's most requested new release from fans.
At this year's Paradox Convention, the grand-strategy company finally announced a true spiritual sequel in the form of Imperator: Rome.
Set in year 304 BC running through to the traditional start of the common era, this new grand strategy title immerses the player in the ancient world, with the map spanning from Hadrian's Wall to the Indian sub-continent.
From the official press release, stated features currently include:
- Character Management: A living world of characters with varying skills and traits that will change over time. They will lead your nation, govern your provinces and command your armies and fleets. We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.
- Diverse Populations: Citizens, freemen, tribesmen and slaves - each population with its own culture and religion. Whether they fill your armies, fill your coffers or fill your colonies, keep an eye on their happiness - your success depends on their satisfaction.
- Battle Tactics: Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.
- Military Traditions: Each culture has a unique way of waging war. Romans and Celts have different options available to them. Unlock unique bonuses, abilities and units.
- Different Government Types: Manage the senate in a Republic, hold your court together in a monarchy, answer to the clans in a tribal system.
- Barbarians and Rebellions: Migrating barbarians may sack or settle your best land, while disloyal governors or generals can turn against you - taking their armies with them!
- Trade: Goods provide bonuses to their home province. Will you take advantage of stockpiles for local strength or trade excess goods to spread the wealth around?
- Provincial Improvement: Invest in buildings, roads and defences to make your kingdom stronger and richer.
It's still very early days for this project – all we know right now is that the game won't be out till 2019. We'll have more in-depth impressions over the course of the week.