Europa Universalis 4’s Emperor expansion drops next month13 May 2020 0
The next major expansion for EU4 finally has a release date. Titled Emperor, it’s a big pack that revamps three crucial systems that are crucial to the history of the time period covered; namely the Papacy, the Holy Roman Empire and the late-game Revolutions.
It’s a massive expansion releasing along side an equally as massive free patch that gives some extra TLC to the European continent. Europa Universalis 4: Emperor will be released on June 9th, 2020.
Here’s a summary of the headline features:
- A Powerful Pope: Appoint cardinals, publish Papal Bulls and gather tithes. The Vatican and Papal Controller now have new abilities to sway the souls of Christendom.
- New Holy Roman Empire Systems: Imperial Incidents provide new challenges to the Emperor's power and authority. Will your empire follow a course to a centralized monarchy or decentralized federation?
- Revolutions Revamped: The spirit of Revolution is a contagion that must be either embraced or vigorously opposed. Use the zeal of revolutionary guard units to fight reactionaries at home and abroad.
- The Hussite Faith: Bohemia has an early game chance to embrace heresy and stand alone against the Pope until The Reformation.
- Hegemonies: Seize the mantle of global leadership if you accumulate great wealth and armies, but be prepared to face great opposition from those who question your right to rule.
- New Missions: Over 20 new unique mission trees for a variety of European nations
- Defender of Faith: With great responsibility comes great power. Defending a major religion should be different from defending an insignificant one. Now it is!
- The Council of Trent and Counter-Reformation: Join other Catholic rulers to slow down the spread of the Reformation by making concessions to the unruly mob or harshly imposing the will of God.
- Provoke Rebellions: Risk a larger rebellion now while you think you can manage it instead of waiting for discontent to take its course.
This is a pretty hefty feature list. There’s talk of this expansion being a ‘definitive’ work, similar to what Holy Fury was for CK2. That pack also turned out to be the game's last before Crusader Kings 3 was announced, so it will be interesting to see what the future of EU4 holds after this. In the meantime though, we’re looking forward to this new pack’s release next month!