Galactic Civilization 3: Retribution Expansion announced17 Jan 2019 0
Stardock’s space 4X strategy game Galactic Civilization III is getting another new expansion this year, bringing the total number of paid expansions to eleven. This will also be the fourth (and, it is claimed, the biggest) ‘big’ DLC.
From the official press release, the new features in Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution include:
- Artifacts - Powerful items buried on planets across the galaxy will give your civilization instant-access to new abilities.
- Hypergates - Construct powerful gateways that, when linked, allow your fleets to travel rapidly across hyperspace.
- Major Civilizations: Drath and Korath - The manipulative Drath pull the strings across the galaxy while the Korath rely on extermination. Each has its own set of special abilities, bonuses, and ship parts.
- Cargo Ships - Cargo ships can be constructed to deliver goods and services to your other planets to aid in their development.
- New Technology Tree - A top to bottom overhaul of the technology tree adds depth and sharpens the strategic choices in your research options.
- Retribution Campaign -The malevolent Drengin Empire made a terrible mistake underestimating humanity’s strength, and the climactic battle that will follow may end in their extinction.
We don’t have any release date information other than ‘this Winter’, although they seem to mean Q1 2019 and not at the end of 2019 as I thought when I first read the announcement.
Either way the Steam page is already live if you want to check it out for yourself.