Gloomhaven coming to PC in 201903 Aug 2018 0
You hear rumours of Gloomhaven. The beast of boardgames, a game that seems to have taken all of the lessons learned from the ‘legacy’ revolution and combine it with choose-your-own narratives, tactical combat and co-op play. It’s physically huge, and currently ranks as the #1 boardgame on BoardGameGeek.
Asmodee Digital, arguably the masters of digital board games ports, have just announced they’re bringing this icon to PC via Steam. It’s being developed by Flaming Fowl Studios, who’s only other project as far as we can tell is the Fable Fortunes Free-to-Play game. And interesting choice, to be sure.
What’s more interesting is that this isn’t going to be a straight up like-for-like translation with just some rules processing moved to the back-end. Flaming Fowl have described it more as an “adaptation”, with notable changes going to be the fact the game is first-person, not third and the dungeons will be randomly-generated.
- Here is the rest of the advertised feature list from the official Steam page:
- Discover the digital adaptation of Isaac Childres’ ultimate strategic board game.
- Face countless enemies in the dungeons of this turn-based rogue-like game with addictive and tactical gameplay.
- A huge variety of hero classes are available so that you can create your own custom group of formidable champions!
- Each hero class may be played in various ways. Do you prefer your golem to be soaking up damages on the frontline or crushing your enemies in a crater? It’s up to you to choose your specialty.
- Don’t forget to consider all of your characters’ skills to create a truly epic team !
The only bit of information we have regarding a release date is that it’s due within the first few months of 2019.