Imperator: Rome 1.4 Update & New Content Pack18 Mar 2020 0
Paradox’s newest historical grand strategy game, Imperator: Rome turns one year old at the end of April. It’s been a hard year, but it’s also one that’s seen the game transform itself from a skeletal shell to something the team can be genuinely proud of.
With each successive major update, Imperator has gotten better and brighter and now the team are on the cusp of a new major update - 1.4 ‘Archimedes’, which is due to land in a couple of weeks on March 31st, 2020.
This update mainly focuses on the religious aspects of the game by overhauling the current mechanics, as well as further improvements to Character Loyalty:
- State Deities: The Omens system has been replaced by a national Pantheon. Gods from across your empire are welcome into this divine collection, providing passive bonuses most of the time, though you can invoke their power for greater benefits.
- Holy Sites: The classical world was full of sacred groves and mysterious locales. Holy Sites increase the strength of the relevant deity in your Pantheon, or may be sacked of their wealth by less faithful rulers.
- Sacred Treasures: Revered historical and divine relics can be stored in your National Treasury, earning small bonuses. If you sack an enemy’s Holy Sites or capital, there is a chance you might capture these special artifacts.
- Loyalty Rework: Instead of a ticking scale to track, Character Loyalty will be a sum of various factors, making it easier to understand and control.
Much like with the 1.2 Update, Imperator: Rome is also getting a new content pack to go alongside the free patch content. The Greek City States at this time were on the decline, but they were still considered the cultural and religious centre of much of the Mediterranean world. As such, the Magna Graecia Content Pack is themed around them, and comes with the following additional features:
- Apotheosis: A popular ruler from a prestigious family may be declared a god and welcomed into the State Pantheon. Elevate enough rulers and you may institute an Imperial Cult religion.
- New Greek Missions: New missions available for Athens, Sparta, Syracusae.
- New Deities: 12 new Greek deities tied to historical Holy Sites across the Greek world.
- Hellenistic Themed Treasures: Collect special artifacts based on the history and legends of the Hellenistic world.
This pack will be released at the same time as the 1.4 Patch, and will even be charged for this time unlike the previous Punic Wars pack. You’ll be able to pick this up for $7.99 / £5.79 / €7.99.
Are you still playing Imperator: Rome? What do you think of the game one year on vs. launch? Let us know in the comments!