Crusader Kings 2, EU4 & Hearts of Iron 4 all getting big expansions this year19 May 2018 0
Next up, three of Paradox's grand-strategy titles are getting new $20 tier expansions that should be due out by the end of the year (although the projects are in widely different stages of development).
First up, Crusader Kings II is getting a massive overhaul of its crusading systems and a bunch of other gameplay toys in Holy Fury:
- Shattered and Random Worlds: Start your game on a fictional map of Europe as a small realm fighting for space, or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore.
- Warrior Lodges: Join a Pagan warrior lodge and raid your way up the ranks, unlocking access to powerful allies and greater military skill.
- Legendary Bloodlines: Descendants of great warrior heroes will have bonuses that match the accomplishments of their forefathers, including historical bloodlines of Charlemagne, Genghis Khan and others..
- Sway or Antagonize Your Neighbors: Try to win a reluctant vassal through charm and persuasion, or provoke someone you want to push into conflict.
- Sainthood: Pious Catholics can become canonized, passing on their glory to their descendants and making their resting place a site of great value.
- Coronations: Feudal kings and emperors must find clergy to crown them, since all power descends from the heavens.
- New Crusade Events: Deeper gameplay for the religious wars of the era.
- New Succession Laws: A Pagan Elder Council may have the final word in how a realm is divided among heirs, or a ruler may challenge his brother to combat to unify a realm.
- And much more: Changes to religion, custom names for people or objects, deeper baptismal mechanics, lists of people you’ve killed, and other small changes for flavor and variety.
Meanwhile, Europa Universalis 4 heads to the Indian sub-continent in Dharma:
- Design Your Government: Unlock reforms that will define how you govern your kingdom or republic, earning free policies and boosting the power of some estates.
- Reworked Policy System: Policies get a new look in the free update, but Dharma will include special bonuses that make this system even more attractive.
- Trade Company Investments: Upgrade and improve the provinces tied to your trade companies, conferring bonuses both to the European master and neighboring Indian nations.
- New Cossack Government: Exclusive for owners of The Cossacks expansion.
- New Indian Mission Trees: Unique mission paths for the most important Indian sultanates and kingdoms.
- New Indian Estates: Alongside a free update to the estate system, India gets five new castes. Raise the brahmins to reduce unrest in a province or install Jain governors for a boost to income while reducing manpower..
- New Mughal Culture Bonus: The Mughal Empire can assimilate and accommodate newly conquered cultures with ease.
- Charter Companies: Europeans can buy a foothold into trade charter zones in Africa and Asia, if they can find a prince that trusts them.
- Upgraded Trade Centers: Invest in the development of your Centers of Trade
- And more, including: new ways to suppress rebellion, the monsoon season, new uses for colonists in non-colonial development, scornful insults, multiplayer teams, new art, and a host of new achievements.
Last but not least, Hearts of Iron 4 new big expansion is Man the Guns, which will beef up naval mechanics, democracies and give players the ability to design their own ships. There isn't a full feature list for this one because its in very early stages of development - we don't even have any screens of the announced features right now.
These are are all due out later this year, but there's no concrete release dates as of yet. Regardless, we're getting more fodder for our rather excellent DLC guides!