New Turn-based strategy game Rising Lords announced24 Jul 2018 0
We’ve just received word of a new turn-based strategy game on the horizon. Developed by Argonwood, a new German studio based in Cologne, Rising Lords is set medieval-themed and features simultaneous turn resolution and card/board game inspired elements.
The game seems to have a lot of features geared towards a finely balanced multiplayer environment, but it will also have a fully-featured multiplayer mode for up to four players. There also seems to be some kind of trade in how you use your population – pressing them into your armies vs. using them for your economy. There is also a tactical layer for fighting battles.
Collect taxes and resources. Dictate rations and field work. Forge weapons, reshape the battlefield, raise armies, and build mighty fortified cities. Help your people become knights, or dump them on a battlefield far away, but be careful: even the humblest peasants will revolt eventually...
The full feature list for Rising Lords includes:
- Find the perfect balance - juggle production, resource gathering, diplomacy and treason, tax and rations - all vital in the success of your province.
- Strategic battles - besiege your enemy’s cities to starve them out, go all-out attack, or wait for them to come to you
- Up to 4-player simultaneous multiplayer - no need to wait for each individual player to take their turn
- The psychology of war - Play mind games with your opponents with advanced social interactions
- Subtle variables - Morale, terrain and fortifications have a huge impact on battle, and the tide can turn quickly
- Customisation - Tailor your leader’s look and skills, and craft your perfect cities and troops
- Risks and opportunities - React to figures that visit your province. Find ways to take advantage and work quickly to eliminate threats!
- Take your pick - React to more than 50 different events and collect unique cards to surprise your enemy!
The game is not due to hit steam until 2019, so if you want to keep up to date you’ll have to add it to your Wishlist on steam.