Paradox Confirms Britannia Does In Fact Rule The Waves06 Feb 2018 1
Paradox Interactive have today revealed the name and focus of the next piece of DLC for their mammoth historical grand-strategy title, Europa Universalis IV.
Rule Britannia focuses on the British Isles, and the legacy it imparted to the world. This is an ‘Immersion Pack’, so not quite a full-featured expansion, but it’ll have enough bells and whistles to warrant being charted for. Naturally, it’ll come with a free patch update as well.
As per the press release, here’s a break down of the new features:
- New British Missions: New exclusive Mission Trees for England, Scotland and Ireland,
- Industrial Revolution: Highly developed provinces may produce coal in the late game, fueling higher productivity and greater wealth.
- Innovativeness: Earn rewards for being the first nation to unlock new knowledge, including lower power costs.
- Naval Doctrine: Adopt a general strategy for your fleets, giving you bonuses to ship maintenance, trade power or battle performance.
- Anglicanism: A new Protestant faith can appear in England with new bonuses and religious choices.
- Knowledge Sharing: Help your lagging allies or subjects by promoting the spread of institutions in their realms.
- Trade Steering: Force your defeated enemies' merchants to fill your coffers.
No word on a release date as of yet, but it’s probably not long.
Want to read up more on Europa Universalis IV? Make sure to check our Codex Hub for the full range of guides, features & analysis!