A new Total War: Rome 2 Mini-Campaign is coming – Rise of the Republic19 Jul 2018 0
Creative Assembly have just announced a new major premium DLC for Rome 2: Total War, titled Rise of the Republic. The new update will add a mini-campaign set in the 4th century BC that covers Rome’s struggle for dominance on the Italian peninsular.
Check out the rest of Rome 2’s DLC in our handy guide.
The campaign map covers the whole of Italy up to the Alps, but also features other parts of the Mediterranean including Sicily, Corsica & Sardinia, and a small slither of North Africa that will serve as Carthage’s base of operations. The Balkans and Greece are absent in this one as the action will largely focus on Italy itself, which was far from being securely under Roman rule during this period in time.
The nine playable factions will include:
- Rome – a growing republic, vulnerable and surrounded by enemies
- Tarchuna – the mighty and influential Etruscan state
- Senones – a Cisalpine Gallic tribe with a thirst for plunder
- Insubres – a Gallic tribe who are diplomatic and managerial in style
- Samnites – an Italic state that threatened Rome in the 4th century BC
- Taras – a Greek city-state founded by the Spartans
- Syracuse – a Greek metropolis in Sicily, and the bastion against Carthage
- Iolei – an indigenous Sardinian tribe
- Veneti – an Italic tribe of horse masters surrounded by enemies
There will also be an epic campaign battle for the city of Rome itself, as well as new technologies and faction specific chapter objectives (which unlock agents). You can check out the DLC’s Steam Page for the full break-down of features coming with the pack.
This comes after the Rome 2 team announced the Ancestral Update, which will add in a Family Tree, Intrigue actions as well as a whole host of other changes like post-battle loot.
The Rise of the Republic DLC is due to launch on August 9th.