Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems on December 6th with the launch of Stellaris: Megacorps DLC21 Nov 2018 0
We recently looked at lot of the announced (at the time) features of the 2.2 Le Guin update for Stellaris. Even though we didn’t know the name of it then, we knew that a lot of these features were going to accompany a new expansion for the ever-developing grand-strategy 4X space opera.
Since then, that expansion was revealed to be called MegaCorps, and now we also know when it’s going to be released – December 6th, 2018.
Of the premium features, you can be sure to enjoy the following:
- Corporate Culture: Chief Executive Officers of a MegaCorp can conduct business on a galaxy-wide scale with a host of new civics. By building Branch Offices on planets within empires they have trade agreements with, the MegaCorp can add a portion of the planet’s Trade Value to their own network. Using the new Corporate Authority government type, construct an economic powerhouse and dominate galactic trade - for a brighter future.
- City World: With Ecumenopolis, players can increase the population density of core worlds to truly epic proportions, eventually creating a planet-spanning megacity.
- Caravaneer Fleets: Keep an eye out for the Caravaneers, nomadic interstellar wheelers-and-dealers who stay aloof from galactic politics, and always have a bargain up their sleeve. Expect surprises when these master traders wander through your space or when you visit their home systems.
- More Megastructures: Budget has been approved for your own glorious Matter Decompressor, Mega-Art Installation or Strategic Coordination Center to acquire new scaling capabilities for your megalopolis.
- Galactic Slave Market: Buy and sell labor on an industrial scale, set them free or keep them as livestock. The choice is yours!
- VIP Status Comes with its Perks: Keep your economy competitive in a cutthroat galaxy with additional Ascension perks.
But as has been the trend recently, the most interesting features are going to come as part of the free patch accompanying the expansion. The reworks to planet and the trade economy (trade routes) especially are going to change the game In ways not seen since the 2.0 update.