Strategy Games News Bulletin - March 20th, 202020 Mar 2020 0
This week has mainly been dominated by several key releases, so other news has been a bit more scarce. Still, along with the below make sure you’re caught up on everything else that’s been happening this week. Here are some highlights, but there's been plenty of other stuff:
- A new Total War: Three Kingdoms expansion.
- A new Stellaris expansion.
- Panzer Corps 2’s release.
- Imperator Rome’s new patch & DLC!
As for the rest, let’s break it down:
Paradox Spring Sale 2020
What excellent timing for a sale. Paradox Interactive have gone live with their Spring Sale event on their own web store. It’ll run from today until March 30th, and has discounts of up to 80% depending on how old the title is.
Some highlights include:
- The most recent BATTLETECH expansion - Heavy Metal (50% off)
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall (50% Off)
- Imperator: Rome (33% off)
- Plenty of DLC and Expansions
Remember that buying via the Paradox Store nets you a steam key to use anyway, and now several of their newer games are being given ‘Steam-free’ versions if that’s something that’s important to you. Strategy Gamer is affiliated with the Paradox Store.
Mars Horizon Beta Announced
Auroch Digital’s Space Agency management game Mars Horizon will be getting a Beta towards the end of next month. Come April 27th, you’ll be able test out around 8 hours of gameplay across milestone missions and request/side missions. You can sign up for the beta here.
Imperium: Greek Wars Beta
Imperium Greek Wars is also looking for beta testers. This is an upcoming historical sandbox strategy game that was announced last year. Set in ancient Greece, it focuses on the Greek City States and their rise to power, while also throwing in a touch of the mythos that dominated the period. It blends both 4X and Grand Strategy, and you can sign up for the beta here.
New Cities: Skylines Expansion
I honestly didn’t think Cities: Skylines had much more left to give, yet here we are. Sunset Harbor adds a range of new building types, from new Fishing Industry related structures, to new transport hubs, new maps and new water and waste management systems.
Best of the Rest
As well as the highlights above, a bunch of other smaller updates dropped this week you might be interesting in knowing about:
- The newest Crusader Kings 3 dev diary covers armies and military matters, which is way more interesting than what they’ve been talking about up till now.
- Northgard has received a new balancing patch.
- Creative Assembly released a video talking about the future and philosophy of Three Kingdoms DLC. It doesn’t say anything concrete, but still fairly interesting.
- Former The Sims boss Rod Humble has spoken more about what project he’s working on at Paradox Interactive.
That’s all for this week. If you spot anything else our readers should know about, let us know in the comments!