Codex: Europa Universalis IV13 Mar 2017 0
Developed by Paradox Development Studio, Europa Universalis IV is a grand strategy game set in the Age of Exploration and Discovery. Putting players in charge of a single nation from the Late Middle Ages through the Early modern period (1444 to 1821 AD), Europa Universalis IV is a deep and complex game of trade, diplomacy, colonisation, and warfare.
- Europa Universalis IV Review
- Europa Univeralis IV: Conquest of Paradise Review (No Score)
- Europa Univeralis IV: Res Publica Review (No Score)
- Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense Review (No Score)
- Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum Review (No Score)
- Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven Review (4 Stars)
- Buy it: Steam | Direct
Playable from a bird's eye view on an stylised map of the world, the basic gameplay is divided into provinces that compose nations and what resources they contribute. Those provinces each have logistical attributes and social considerations, forcing the player to find a balance between military, diplomacy, and economy in order to keep their borders safe and their country's social order in check. As the sovereign of a nation, you have to navigate the political landscape and secure your bloodline in order to achieve your objectives and maintain power in future generations, leading to an intriguing game of struggles and diplomacy.
As a sandbox game with no strict winning rules or scenarios, Europa Universalis IV is a highly versatile title offering a lot of freedom and replayability, quickly garnering critical and public praise as one of the best grand strategy games around. Thanks to Europa Universalis, Crusaders Kings, Hearts of Iron, and the newest sci-fi game Stellaris, Paradox Interactive has cemented themselves as one of the best grand strategy studios around.
Features & Analysis
- The Road to War - Tips & Tricks for Preparing and Planning Conflicts.
- DLC Buying Guide - Everything you need to know.
- A Guide to Ages - A comprehensive breakdown of the new 'Ages' mechanic.