Falkenstein

Re: PT dying.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:54 am

This is sad news, indeed. FWIW, I'm already a Qt3 member on the forums, Falkenstein over there, too, but I'm not on their Slack.

I'm probably too casual for an interactive Slack experience, but then I've never used it.

rinelk

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:19 am

Also, FWIW, I intend to keep on writing for PT until I'm told not to or can't. Until we have a new editor (which, in fairness, it really hasn't been that long for the folks in charge to conduct a search), I'm basically planning on just reviewing stuff which comes out and sounds interesting to me. I've now played enough Cthulhu Realms that I should have a review for that up within a few days. I don't mean to suggest I'm turning this into my personal blog, I just don't see any reason to expect that there won't be a new editor coordinating news here soon. Do y'all feel like it would be better if I started doing that until I hear otherwise?

whovian223

Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:22 pm

You can write the reviews, but will they post if there's no editor?

Can you post them yourself?

biffpow

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Also, FWIW, I intend to keep on writing for PT until I'm told not to or can't. Until we have a new editor (which, in fairness, it really hasn't been that long for the folks in charge to conduct a search), I'm basically planning on just reviewing stuff which comes out and sounds interesting to me. I've now played enough Cthulhu Realms that I should have a review for that up within a few days. I don't mean to suggest I'm turning this into my personal blog, I just don't see any reason to expect that there won't be a new editor coordinating news here soon. Do y'all feel like it would be better if I started doing that until I hear otherwise?

That is seriously awesome of you, Kelsey.

And if you did turn this site into your personal blog, I think most all of us would be fine with that too : )

geigerm

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:14 pm

Kelsey, whatever you can do to keep the place going is good by me (and most of us, I'd assume). I'd be happy to have anything to read here, whether the game interests me or not.

rinelk

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:41 pm

I have the touch. I have the power.

We have the technology.

I am the master.

I'm also apparently indecisive and really wish I could get YouTube videos to embed correctly on these forums.

Caralon

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:18 pm

Thanks for trying to keep it going. As someone who stop any occasionally it has been relatively confusing recently. I don't play a lot of multiplayer with people from PT (though it's good to know I can go to quarter to three to find matches), but I did rely on the site as a good screener for mobile game new generally. If PT goes away, where else can I get that kind of information?

Univac

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:21 pm

It's kind of sad that nobody feels like it's important to let us know what's going on with PT. It's even sadder that one of the staff writers seems to be in the dark about what's going on. I guess i'll check in once a week to see if there is new content or the rotting remains of what was once a pretty good website for ios games.

riotgirl

Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:07 pm

I did wonder about Duke the other day on my commute to work. FWIW, I long stopped visiting PT for the reviews because quite frankly the new site is much worse than the old. Hell, I'd rather Vanilla Forums than this sterile non-interactive place. I can't even up/down vote posts!?

WTH.

I don't really care where people go provided that there is a little corner that allows PTers to continue the threads left over in Vanilla Forums and accommodates tourneys - casual and competitive.

It is a shame that PT met such an ignominious end. It didn't deserve that.

Zebracadabra

Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:35 pm

I have the touch. I have the power.

We have the technology.

I am the master.

I'm also apparently indecisive and really wish I could get YouTube videos to embed correctly on these forums.
I'd love to see anything you post!

Return to “Announcements”