Zebracadabra

Re: PT dying.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:51 am

Just an update. I only have two names so far. Won't be home until Monday afternoon. I'll send whatever names I have to Dave Perkins on Tuesday.

biffpow

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:09 pm

I received a mass email last night from Dave because I was one of the gluttons for pain that offered up my services (for what they're worth) during the last call for new writers.

--Dave has officially left the site.
--It was in no way something he planned or expected to happen, but it was his decision.
--He describes his relationship with TPTB at PT right now as not on the best of terms.
--He says nothing negative about PT or TPTB here and offers no clues as to his reasons for departure, just that he thought it was for the best.

I can email the complete text if to anyone that's interested this afternoon PST (I'm about to go into a meeting) (pity me). I'm exactwords at the gmails.

One point: Dave didn't need to write any of us--he doesn't work for PT now and I never have. But he didn't want to leave us wondering what had happened. That's kind of classy, IMO, and much appreciated.

Falkenstein

Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:20 pm

With Dave's departure, I don't even know who The Powers That Be (TPTB) even are. :|

I'm also not clear on the best place to go now for mature opponents for iOS strategy games, I guess the options include:
  • Pocket Tactics, moved from Vanilla Forums to whatever this is
  • Quarter to Three, moving from vBulletin to Discourse
  • BoardGameGeek, have had good gaming opponents there, also can find Dave there still I would expect
  • Slack for a Qt3 sub-community?

Private Prinny

Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:27 am

You can write the reviews, but will they post if there's no editor?

Can you post them yourself?
I have the touch. I have the power.

We have the technology.

I am the master.

I'm also apparently indecisive and really wish I could get YouTube videos to embed correctly on these forums.
I'd love to see anything you post!
Agreed

Undersigned

PP

Alex Connolly

Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:44 am

I'm doing my best to keep the fires stoked at WG, but for the touch crowd, it's a tough pill to swallow.

Zebracadabra

Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:24 am

So.....I've brought three PTers over to the Slack app, run by Dave Perkins of QT3. Anyone else?
Last edited by Zebracadabra on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Connolly

Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:26 pm

A new EiC starts on July 4th, FYI.

biffpow

Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:29 pm

Thank you for the update, Alex--that is good to know.

I suppose it would be too much to ask for Slitherine to actually post something about Dave's departure and some background on the new EIC.

Also, Kelsey has been essentially a one-man posting machine in the interim. Someone give him a raise.

Alex Connolly

Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:18 pm

I suppose it would be too much to ask for Slitherine to actually post something about Dave's departure and some background on the new EIC.

Also, Kelsey has been essentially a one-man posting machine in the interim. Someone give him a raise.
Regarding word from on high, I'm just a bloke in the trenches. However, the new EiC will be posting their intro/deets soon.

You're right, regarding Kelsey! Dedicated chap.

rinelk

Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:09 am

The more I work, the more I make, so it's sort of built in. Kinda feel bad for the folks paying me that our rates are denominated in dollars.

Return to “Announcements”