Blanchot

Re: PT dying.

Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:03 pm

Kinda feel bad for the folks paying me that our rates are denominated in dollars.
Silly walk off a cliff:
Silly Walk Off a Cliff by Barry Blitt.jpg
Silly Walk Off a Cliff by Barry Blitt.jpg (184.47 KiB) Viewed 8420 times

NiihamaGhosts

Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:22 am

So.....I've brought three PTers over to the Slack app, run by Dave Perkins of QT3. Anyone else?
Sign me up. I'm a regular over to Qt3 also, under the name tylertoo.

But... what's Slack? :shock:

Mysterio

Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:52 am

Just PM Dave Perkins your e-mail address requesting an invitation to QT3 Leagues on Slack.

JammaTal

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:04 am

So.....I've brought three PTers over to the Slack app, run by Dave Perkins of QT3. Anyone else?
ok, count me in.
is it cross-platform? so that iOS and Android can meet there?
just in case i should turn my back on "always ignoring gamers and their needs" apple company ("games treated as dirty little secret" TA) one day?

Zebracadabra

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:21 am

ok, count me in.
just in case i should turn my back on "always ignoring gamers and their needs" apple company ("games treated as dirty little secret" TA) one day?
Mike, email me. Not sure which email address you want used for the invite from Perkins.

Snotty128

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:57 am

ok, count me in.
They seem like a good lot over there from what Ive seen. Our kind of people.

I hate to advertise other forums, I think it borders on being rude. However I think it would be criminal to see the PT community wither away without an attempt to preserve it.

I sincerely hope the new editor can rejuvenate and revitalise this site, but its only prudent to plan some other kind of refuge

Zebracadabra

Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:11 am

Download the Slack app. You can PM Dave Perkins on Qt3 to invite you.

Zebracadabra

Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:14 am

ok, count me in.
They seem like a good lot over there from what Ive seen. Our kind of people.

I hate to advertise other forums, I think it borders on being rude. However I think it would be criminal to see the PT community wither away without an attempt to preserve it.

I sincerely hope the new editor can rejuvenate and revitalise this site, but its only prudent to plan some other kind of refuge
I share your hopes but frankly, I don't see any way this site will ever regain the utility it once had and the pleasure it once afforded. Simply put, management has deserted the place.

Kudos for those who gamely hung on like Dave and Kelsey. They deserved better. Hell, we all did.
Last edited by Zebracadabra on Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Connolly

Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:43 am

Still writing over at WG! Pop on over if anyone has the hardware, time or inclination.

rinelk

Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:12 am

Well, I'm a pretty collegial guy, so if you have news of interest to our readers, I'd rather they get it than that it be hidden from them. I think, in the long run, that's the best policy for everyone.

However, since you mention a new editor, I will now say that I've been given the go-ahead to announce that one has been hired! I was very happy to work with both Owen and Dave, so I don't mean any praise of the new editor to undermine them in any way, but I like what I'm hearing so far. I'm not supposed to name said editor (which, technically, means that this is probably the only time in my life I'll ever be in possession of privileged knowledge about a secret identity), and I think you won't hear more on this topic for a week or more, but I'm feeling like a sigh of relief is in order.

Crap, I think I also knew the identity of the guy Amelia Audette had a crush on in high school. So maybe it's the second time. Does it count if the identity is a secret even from the person who has it? I think there's an opportunity for some enterprising grad student to write a paper on the metaphysics of secret identities.

Return to “Announcements”