largevisiblemachine

Lew Pulsipher's Doomstar now out on Steam!

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:07 pm

Doomstar is now available on Steam for PC and Mac (Linux support coming soon):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/504750/

It is a board game designed by Lew Pulsipher of Britannia and Dragon Rage fame but this digital version is the first time the game has been released in any form. In appearance Doomstar recalls Stratego, but it's much more fluid to play. Your fleet is comprised of hidden units – units which remain unidentified until they enter battle - so you'll need bluff, bravado and super cool strategy to weed out and destroy the enemy's Command Ship. Only when two opposing pieces sit on the same square are the units revealed and the weakest defeated, but there are some unique twists to the game play as you can move multiple units and combine their strengths in a single attack for example.

Let me know if you got any questions and if someone gives it a go all feedback is super appreciated. We got some additional units to release down the line but will take care of the mobile release first.

Blackfyre

Re: Lew Pulsipher's Doomstar now out on Steam!

Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:58 pm

Already in my Library guys. Didn't hesitate much when I saw its from you. Didn't have any time to play it though and don't know if I ever will. I have a shameful long backlog and right now.
Congrats on your new game anyhow.

largevisiblemachine

Re: Lew Pulsipher's Doomstar now out on Steam!

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:31 pm

Already in my Library guys. Didn't hesitate much when I saw its from you. Didn't have any time to play it though and don't know if I ever will. I have a shameful long backlog and right now.
Congrats on your new game anyhow.
Nice one, much appreciated!

Return to “Computer Games”