ededed84

Does a game like this exist?

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:52 pm

I really want to play a game similar to the following...
BUT...
I want it to be multiplayer where there is very little or no AI players at all...

galactic civ (i would say civ5 / 6 but the gametime is probably too long)
settlers (oldschool!)
age of empires (oldschool again)

basically something with a citybuilder aspect, military aspect, open world (massive would be ideal), even with research trees and trade built in, meaningful multiplayer diplomacy...

but not some cheap mobile game thats pay to win...

your help would be most appreciated :)

tdavie

Re: Does a game like this exist?

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:19 pm

Civ 6 with a duel or tiny sized map (the 2 smallest sized choices) with game speed set to online. Under the advanced settings you can remove or add 1 or 2 AI players if needed. Leave all victory options on.

I can easily play a duel game with only 1 AI opponent in a few hours. The game is so granular its easy to increase the length of the game by going to a larger map, different speed or more/less players.

But; the Rise and Fall expansion is a must in my opinion. Spreading religion and facing a constant threat of your cities reverting to free state status is cool.

Tom

plungerhorse

Re: Does a game like this exist?

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:55 am

Hey! I'm actually a part of a team that's about to release a fast-paced, multiplayer focused strategy game. It doesn't have a military aspect, but other than that slight hitch it might scratch your itch! It's called Zero Sum Future.

The premise:
4 person multiplayer competing to colonize a solar system. The warfare here is economic, though not always legal.
You can choose to focus on building up your economy but the players who play underhandedly will always be at an advantage, so be on the lookout and consider engaging in some nefarious activity yourself!

Here's our early access trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWJRs1BRvxs

and Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/8734 ... um_Future/

Return to “Computer Games”