agathosdaimon

Stormpowered store - what is going on with it

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:09 am

Hi!

I was just trying to simply buy the Jutland Dogger Bank ship pack on teh stormpowered store, but there seems no way to actually process the order as the page goes blacnk or has 404 errors at the checkout screen - both in its application and in firefox and IE - and the customer support ticket section does not seem to work either. - is there anyone else i can contact? or is it all irreparably broken?

reason i wanted to buy the dogger bank ship pack is that the Jutland Pro Edition which i bought years ago, seems to only have the expansions as "express edition" which means they only feature short 10 min allowances for playing their scenarios

The Fox

Re: Stormpowered store - what is going on with it

Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:57 am

How far do you get on the website ?

I just tried and can add the pack to my cart and the secure checkout screen appears correctly. (I have Windows 7 and Firefox 66.0.2)

I can't go further without buying it :D.

agathosdaimon

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:46 pm

i can get to the checkout only if i open the checkout in a private window, but then after i put in paypal details - the screen goes blank in firefox or with page not found errors in IE or with script errors in the client (in the client i can only get to the checkout screen briefly before the errors come up)

agathosdaimon

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:09 pm

this is the error on the client page if i try to go to the checkout

a bunch of similiar script errors follow this one and seem to be related to paypal in some way so i suspect the client is just way too out of date? i have windows 10, maybe something in win 10 makes it not work anymore
Attachments
stormp.jpg
stormp.jpg (72.81 KiB) Viewed 2266 times

The Fox

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:45 am

I can get to the paypal login so it might be windows 10 related.

I must admit it isn't one of the webshops I have enough confidence in to use ...

agathosdaimon

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:55 am

i have had some luck - though it wasnt easy, it seems that somehow by mere chance something i clicked on on the client brought up an old Internet Explorer 11 page - i dont know how and i cant find Internet Explorer 11 being installed on my computer what i have is just microsoft edge (wich i thought was IE but clearly i was wrong) - though Internet Explorer 11 I was able to purchase the expansions - great, but still indicates a very user unfriendly store

The Fox

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:13 am

You got me interested in this game but things like this make me hesitate :

Jutland Ship Pack
Summary
Jutland Ship Pack 1
Jutland Ship Pack 2

Reg Price: $69.99
Sale Price: $89.99 !!!!

The Jutland Experience
Website mentions sale price of $69.99 but when I checkout I get this :

Summary
Jutland Pro Edition
Jutland Ship Pack 1
Jutland Ship Pack 2

Reg Price: $99.97
Sale Price: $93.94 !!!!

Plus visiting their website gives me more errors than webpages (500 - Internal server error) .

agathosdaimon

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:29 am

yeah the website is a mess and the prices are hard to follow, i mean - i actually did get the webstore to work and i was able to buy the Dogger Bank and Coronel packs - woo hoo! but the only way i could do it was to view the site not in microsoft edge or firefox, but in Internet Explorer 11 - and it was weird, i dont know how i even got IE 11 to come up

also for the prices, the dogger bank pack only cost $15usd for me and the Coronel/falklands map pack was $20

- if you try and buy the packs individually, like i did you should get the prices for them lower - its weird though because the prices only really came up as such for me when i put them in my cart

so yeah the stores a mess, but persistance with it did eventually work for me.

agathosdaimon

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:34 am

i hope you can get it because i have found it quite good so far, definitely up there with Steam and Iron as one of the best WW1 naval games - actually i dont think there is anything like this even for ww2 naval games

come to think of it, there is not much in the way of current 3d graphic WW2 naval strategy games either - very little since Fighting Steel

The Fox

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:54 am

If I put two items in my cart it crashes in IE and in Firefox !

If I put the whole Jutland package in my cart the price goes up with $20 ! ($89.99 instead of store price $69.99).

Can you play the game offline ?
If there is always online DRM I will not trust Stormpowered to be around for ever.

Return to “Computer Games”