EICJoe

Re: The Best Card Games on Android & iOS

Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:08 pm

This article has been updated.

Star Realms & Race for the Galaxy have migrated over from the best board games list, and we've got two new entries that have been added.

Calculords, Pathfinder Adventures, Flipflop Solitaire & Solitairica have entered the Hall of Fame.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

tufty

Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:24 am

Thanks for this useful update... it is helpful to remind me of card games that have been on my radar but slipped off due to backlog!

On another note, I've enjoyed the content on your site over the last few months. I'd like to remind readers who have complaints that politeness costs nothing and makes for a nicer experience for everyone.

Buggy

Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:54 pm

I guess Lost Portal didn't make it to this list because it is iOS-only?

EICJoe

Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:43 pm

I guess Lost Portal didn't make it to this list because it is iOS-only?
It's actually a candidate for inclusion at a later date - since I was merging two lists I didn't want to over complicate things by adding in new blood as well.

Given how much Nick likes the game if I don't mention it soon he may come hunt me down.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

GwaR

Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:31 pm

Just posting here to let everyone know how great the AI is in Race for the Galaxy. Truly the most shining component of an already competent conversion. Seriously, the AI on hard is better than most of the players you'll face in multiplayer. I really wish other developers spent as much time making their AIs this wicked and competent -one wrong move/wasted turn will easily lose you the game.

On another side note as a warning to other readers = Star Realms is not as great as it used to be. Similar to Ascension's recent facelift, the UI redesign of Star Realms was not helpful (everything runs more slowly and requires more power from your iPad or phone whilst throwing out more useless animations you have to wait through). That being said, the underlying game is still as great as always.

Note to Editor = how is Ascension not in your hall of fame?

EICJoe

Re:

Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:39 pm

Note to Editor = how is Ascension not in your hall of fame?
The Hall of Fame section is for games that were on the list previously but aren't any more. Ascension hasn't actually made it to the list yet :?

It'll get there eventually, promise...
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Cgareth

Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Aw I was hoping for a nod towards Reforged/Solforge! Never mind, it seems to be updated regularly (every couple of months or so) and there's a new card balancing refit coming in October.

NB I'm not part of them, I just play it and like it :)

EICJoe

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:15 pm

List has been updated again - Reigns: Game of Thrones replaces Reigns: Her Majesty. I also retired Eternal to the Hall of Fame, and then also added Lost Portal and Ascension to the Hall of Fame too, because they do deserve to be there regardless.
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

LootNScoot

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Where is Horus Heresy: Legions

Incredibly fun an addictive game

funso

Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Do you honestly think Exploding Kittens is a good game?

It's about as deep as a puddle. There are barely any important decisions that aren't obvious, it's just a bad game.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”