EICJoe

Re:

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:12 am

Do you honestly think Exploding Kittens is a good game?

It's about as deep as a puddle. There are barely any important decisions that aren't obvious, it's just a bad game.
I haven't played the digital version, although I believe Michael has. I have played the physical version though and I found it to be a blast with people. More about the atmosphere it creates than the game itself... it's been on the list for a while now though, will probably be up for rotation soon.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

centurian

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:36 pm

I think you guys are missing Eternal!

https://www.direwolfdigital.com/eternal/

EICJoe

Re:

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:05 am

I think you guys are missing Eternal!

https://www.direwolfdigital.com/eternal/
It's like you didn't read the whole article or something...
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

ml01172

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:31 pm

I was expecting to see good traditional card games, not these magic & sf effects card games. How about:

* Zynga Poker or
* Mau King

etc?

raindog308

Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:54 pm

Card City Nights 2 is out since this article.

I really enjoyed CCN, but I also got frustrated with it. Very quickly, all the fights became incredibly easy - I think by the time I faced the final-final boss, I had only lost two matches in my entire career. Simply build a deck with nearly all attack (red sword) cards and you'll cruise. Until you get to the boss, who is extremely difficult.

However, I really loved the CCN idea, design, artwork, and setting. Just brilliant.

A collectible card game without IAP - that alone is awesome :-)

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:10 pm

Card City Nights 2 is out since this article.

I really enjoyed CCN, but I also got frustrated with it. Very quickly, all the fights became incredibly easy - I think by the time I faced the final-final boss, I had only lost two matches in my entire career. Simply build a deck with nearly all attack (red sword) cards and you'll cruise. Until you get to the boss, who is extremely difficult.

However, I really loved the CCN idea, design, artwork, and setting. Just brilliant.

A collectible card game without IAP - that alone is awesome :-)
I think it was out when this article originally went live, I seem to remember having a conversation with Michael about it and he preferred the first one, but I could be mistaken.
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

weheartgames

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:08 pm

Dream Quest is by far the most underrated deck-buidling roguelite card game in the App Store (you just have to look past the terrible artwork).

torm3ntin

Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:56 pm

Didn't put much faith in Card Games, but glad i read it.

Loving Meteorfall so far... Gotta try the others when i get tired of it

SilentNSly

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:44 am

List has been updated again - Reigns: Game of Thrones replaces Reigns: Her Majesty. I also retired Eternal to the Hall of Fame, and then also added Lost Portal and Ascension to the Hall of Fame too, because they do deserve to be there regardless.
I would like to say that I really, really like Eternal and think that it is one of the best games.

It should be receiving its sixth set next month. It has a lot more quality and depth that other games on this list.

I wish you wrote more about this game.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”