raindog308

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:49 pm

If you like Demon's Rise, Demon's Rise 2, and Shieldwall Chronicles, there's also Strike Team Hydra, which adds a science fiction skin. It was released between DR2 and SC.

They're all fundamentally the same game, and there is a lot of gameplay similarity and probably the same engine underneath. That isn't a negative - it's a fun engine.

The RPG is very light...it's pretty much a set of tactical battles in a barely-branching tree and you get to level up and reequip your party between each battles.

Fun games! There's many different characters to put together to make your six, and the randomness of equipment availability (think Diablo) is nice. I enjoyed all four.

G Mahler

Re: <t>The Best RPGS on Android & iOS</t>

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:43 pm

I am starting to wonder if the dev for Nomads of the Fallen Star has abandoned the game. One early update and no activity on their Reddit page.

black bellamy

Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:04 pm

Wait, so this is just a republished article from 2018? Because the first comment is from THU JUN 21, 2018.

The BEST games from 2018, eh? Still the same exact BEST games two years later?

I don't know exactly when the editorial direction changed here, but I remember a time when listicles from two years ago weren't current content. I spend less and less time here.

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:09 pm

Wait, so this is just a republished article from 2018? Because the first comment is from THU JUN 21, 2018.

The BEST games from 2018, eh? Still the same exact BEST games two years later?

I don't know exactly when the editorial direction changed here, but I remember a time when listicles from two years ago weren't current content. I spend less and less time here.
Yeah I've been doing this for a while now - there's no point creating a brand new article every time I want to change our 'best games' list, so the article itself gets update as time goes on. Usually around every two months or so. The year this article went up isn't relevant though as in this isn't a '2018' or a '2019' list, but it does favour newer games because I don't see the point in just putting the same old games that everyone already knows are good on a list.

I don't tend to leave it as the only thing that gets done in a day but sometimes we have a slow day.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”