admin
Site Admin

The Best Party Games to play with Family & Friends

Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:46 pm

As much as we enjoy our serious mobile games here at Pocket Tactics, sometimes it’s nice to just unwind and have some fun with friends and family.

http://www.pockettactics.com/guides/iphone-party-games/

Mirefox

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm

I'll never understand why Worms doesn't get the love I think it deserves. The addition of asynchronous play should have catapulted that game to legendary status, but nobody seems to care. And why in the world did they then remove asynchronous multiplayer from Worms 4?

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:33 pm

I'll never understand why Worms doesn't get the love I think it deserves. The addition of asynchronous play should have catapulted that game to legendary status, but nobody seems to care. And why in the world did they then remove asynchronous multiplayer from Worms 4?
It is a weird one. I don't think Worms as a franchise really adapted well to the post-Playstation era though. It was the best game to play with friends during the PS1/PS2 era, and yet it didn't manage to exploit the rise of mobile that well and now it's one of those 'nostalgia' things.

I agree, very odd, but the industry at large has kind of moved on I guess, and Worms hasn't managed to catch up?
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Mirefox

Re: Re:

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:42 pm

It is a weird one. I don't think Worms as a franchise really adapted well to the post-Playstation era though. It was the best game to play with friends during the PS1/PS2 era, and yet it didn't manage to exploit the rise of mobile that well and now it's one of those 'nostalgia' things.

I agree, very odd, but the industry at large has kind of moved on I guess, and Worms hasn't managed to catch up?
We played LAN games in college and it was a blast. Customizing our teams, yelling about "lucky" shots...good times.

raindog308

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:33 pm

Played Mucho Party with my 9yo last night - what a riot. Short 30-second games, very silly, lots of fun. Definitely a party game - would be dull if you were playing the computer, though one or two of the minigames were so much fun I kinda wanted to have them as expanded apps :-)

The free version is very playable, and then for $4 you can get tons more minigames, so it's a very good IAP setup.

EICJoe

Re:

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:22 am

Played Mucho Party with my 9yo last night - what a riot. Short 30-second games, very silly, lots of fun. Definitely a party game - would be dull if you were playing the computer, though one or two of the minigames were so much fun I kinda wanted to have them as expanded apps :-)

The free version is very playable, and then for $4 you can get tons more minigames, so it's a very good IAP setup.
Thanks for the recommendation!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

raindog308

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:04 pm

You might want to link to the PT review of Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes:

https://www.pockettactics.com/articles/ ... -9th-2019/

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”