admin
Site Admin

Best Life: Five Games that are better on mobile

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:52 am

Mobile devices and computers become more and more like each other every day, but desktops and consoles are still considered the superior platforms for serious gameplay.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/b ... on-mobile/

Ichabod Spoonbill

Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:53 pm

I'm having trouble finding FTL on the App Store. Is it still there?

DotComCTO

Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:51 am

I'm having trouble finding FTL on the App Store. Is it still there?
Sure is. I just checked. Here???s the link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ftl-faste ... d833951143

stubbieoz

Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:35 am

FFT:WotL was better on mobile until the 32bit apocalypse caused the game to be updated and lost the ability to save mid battle.
Unless you can put aside an afternoon to play, it is definitely no longer ???better on mobile???.

Falkenstein

Re: <t>Best Life: Five Games that are better on mobile</t>

Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:43 pm

Unfortunately, it's hard for me to recommend SteamWorld Heist on iOS currently, despite how well the base game is implemented, my understanding is that it's the only version that did not receive The Outsider DLC. They show the DLC available for Steam, Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, PS4, PS Vita, and Nintendo Switch.

I saw a post from the devs three years ago, back in 2016, about the The Outsider DLC for iOS, that "... our DLC would require you to restart the game (which Apple doesn't allow) unless we rewrite it completely." Given that was three years ago, and the SteamWorld franchise now has two more releases (SteamWorld Dig 2, SteamWorld Quest, as well as porting SteamWorld Dig to the Nintendo Switch last year) that have joined the DLC in not making it to iOS, my expectation is that they are more focused on the Nintendo Switch as a mobile platform option and have moved on from iOS, alas.

If you have contacts within Image & Form, I'd love to hear that they are planning a big iOS push to port all the SteamWorld games currently on Switch, to include the SteamWorld Heist: The Outsider DLC, over to iOS. 8-)

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”