admin
Site Admin

Review: Imperator: Rome

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:00 pm

Imperator: Rome is the latest grand-strategy game from Paradox Interactive. It is their seventeenth such title, but only the second time they’ve delved into the classical era of history.

http://www.strategygamer.com/reviews/imperator-rome/

Roper

Re: <t>Review: Imperator: Rome</t>

Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:10 pm

Really excellent review, Joe, thank you. I've found SG reviews tend to be a little more lenient on a game's shortcomings and generally more favorable than a community's wider reaction to a release, but this one seems both adequately critical and fair based on Paradox's history of post-release support. The review is very eloquently written as well. A+

EICJoe

Re: <t>Review: Imperator: Rome</t>

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:10 am

Really excellent review, Joe, thank you. I've found SG reviews tend to be a little more lenient on a game's shortcomings and generally more favorable than a community's wider reaction to a release, but this one seems both adequately critical and fair based on Paradox's history of post-release support. The review is very eloquently written as well. A+
Thank you Roper. I admit I'm also a bit guilty of positivity in my reviews and I don't always discourage it amongst the writers (if you like something, then like it), but I felt I needed to be a bit more realistic about this one.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Strategy Gamer Front Page Discussion”