admin
Site Admin

Commandos 2 HD Remaster Review

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:37 am

It’s late 2001. The world of video games has been blessed with great games this year: Animal Crossing, Burnout, Halo, Max Payne, Ghost Recon and Tropico.

http://www.strategygamer.com/reviews/co ... -remaster/

markojager

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:01 pm

It's a mess and the censureship of the flags is wrong as it can be. I get it, that Kalypso is a german company and they probably can't show the swastika it by law. But also the Hinomaru? the symbol of Japan. It baffles who can do a remake and chop the symbols on it. It's part of the context, otherwise we are punching german and japanese speaking people that for some reason were in that island or that fortress. I prefer the original just for that, the amount of bugs are just more fuel into the fire.

Eh-Red

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:07 pm

I know they have patched since I started playing it so maybe that is why the reviewer's version was more buggy than mine. From what I played, his comment about how buggy it is seem way over the top dramatic. My only issue so far would be the censorship and for me that is a minor gripe. Based on my experience, I would give the game 7/10 and I would give the review 2/10.

EICJoe

Re:

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:16 pm

I know they have patched since I started playing it so maybe that is why the reviewer's version was more buggy than mine. From what I played, his comment about how buggy it is seem way over the top dramatic. My only issue so far would be the censorship and for me that is a minor gripe. Based on my experience, I would give the game 7/10 and I would give the review 2/10.
FWIW I had Alex delay his review to wait on the initial patch that released in the week after launch. Didn't seem to make things any better.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Eh-Red

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:19 pm

FWIW I had Alex delay his review to wait on the initial patch that released in the week after launch. Didn't seem to make things any better.

Then that just makes the review even worse then.

Return to “Strategy Gamer Front Page Discussion”