admin
Site Admin

Review: The Long Journey Home

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:00 pm

The Long Journey Home is a beautiful game. Featuring a level of polish indie titles are simply not known for, Daedelic’s strategy adventure game brings space to life in all it’s...

http://www.strategygamer.com/reviews/re ... rney-home/

TokyoDan

Re: Review: The Long Journey Home

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:02 am

Great review. I think you sold a copy. You mentioned that it has good replay value. How so?

TokyoDan

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:12 am

Also, was this review of the version before the latest June 9 patch which makes controlling the lander easier?

Commander Cello

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:00 am

Great review. I think you sold a copy. You mentioned that it has good replay value. How so?
Thank you. Once the game starts, you get a choice of crew and ships --
at the moment, that's 8 crew members, 3 ships, and 3 landers. Since you can only choose 4 people and 1 of each craft, that gives you a lot of experimentation on next replays.

In addition, the galaxy is procedurally generated, so each time you start the game, you get sent to a random place at a random distance from Earth. That keeps you on your feet.
Also, was this review of the version before the latest June 9 patch which makes controlling the lander easier?
I started reviewing the game before the patch and finished it after it was deployed. The update only affects the handling of the ISV Serenity lander, but I never had that big of a problem with it in the first place. The other two landers apparently remain unaffected.

Return to “Strategy Gamer Front Page Discussion”