admin
Site Admin

SG Op-Ed: Paradox, It's Time for Crusader Kings 2 to End

Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:30 pm

I adore developers like Paradox Development Studio that provide ongoing support for their games many years after launch. I also adore Crusader Kings 2.

http://www.strategygamer.com/articles/s ... -2-to-end/

craigbob

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:13 pm

I love EU4 but can't get in to CKII. Is there something wrong with me?

Charles Ellis

Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:02 am

I've never really enjoyed it compared to EU4 and HoI. You're not alone.

Everyone lauds its human interaction, but I found that aspect wholly unsatisfying. The immersion isn't there for me.

EICJoe

Re: SG Op-Ed: Paradox, It's Time for Crusader Kings 2 to End

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:55 am

I personally do enjoy the character and narrative elements of CK2, but the actual 'game' underneath it gets a tad stale fairly quickly. HoI, EUIV and Stellaris are my go to these days.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

gdi

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:57 pm

Definitely late here, but I definitely agree. CK2 was my first Paradox game. It's my most beloved, and the one I feel has the most potential still. However, I think around Horse Lords was when I came to terms with the fact that the game simply can't meet that potential in it's current form. Since then, I've been hoping for a CK3 announcement. But I'm not expecting that anytime soon. Now I'm finding myself looking at Jade Dragon and trying to talk myself into buying it. I don't think I will though...

SKull

Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:41 pm

I love EU4 but can't get in to CKII. Is there something wrong with me?
No, but it's very different from EU. Or any other PDX games, including the original CK. I used to play EU a lot until CKII got released, but since then I can barely play EU because I like CKII much better. Something about being character driven helps it not get so stale late in the games. Disaster is just one premature death away.
The only thing I miss from EU is trading, which is lame in CKII. The tech is lame too, but then it's not really about that. It's about characters.

Return to “Strategy Gamer Front Page Discussion”