admin
Site Admin

The Strategy Gamer's Guide to... The Best (Modern) Turn-Based Strategy Games

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:27 pm

The great thing about strategy gaming is that there are so many awesome facets to it.

http://www.strategygamer.com/articles/b ... egy-games/

Vorenus81

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:29 am

Endless legend remains as the best example on how to refresh a well known formula of the genre. The differences in gameplay between various factions are this game's greatest assets.
However X-COM 2 WotC is a top turn strategy game currently available.

jeffy777

Re: <t>The Strategy Gamer's Guide to... The Best (Modern) Turn-Based Strategy Games</t>

Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Thinking about picking up Endless Space 2 for $12 in the current humble bundle. It has to be worth it, right? Already own Endless Legend, but haven’t had a chance to play it much. Also, heads up for those who don’t know: you can get Endless Legend + DLC for under $7 plus some other goodies in the bundle as well (You get Endless Space and Dungeon of the Endless for only $1).

EICJoe

Re: <t>The Strategy Gamer's Guide to... The Best (Modern) Turn-Based Strategy Games</t>

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Thinking about picking up Endless Space 2 for $12 in the current humble bundle. It has to be worth it, right? Already own Endless Legend, but haven’t had a chance to play it much. Also, heads up for those who don’t know: you can get Endless Legend + DLC for under $7 plus some other goodies in the bundle as well (You get Endless Space and Dungeon of the Endless for only $1).
For $12 I'd say most games are worth it (although as a brit that price means more for me than it does for US peeps, I guess). I get the impression it's a weirdly inconsistent experience at times but overall a pretty good Space 4X.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

jeffy777

Tue May 01, 2018 9:24 pm

For $12 I'd say most games are worth it (although as a brit that price means more for me than it does for US peeps, I guess). I get the impression it's a weirdly inconsistent experience at times but overall a pretty good Space 4X.
Over 30 hours in already and loving every minute of it.

Return to “Strategy Gamer Front Page Discussion”