admin
Site Admin

The Strategy Gamer's Guide to... The Best (Modern) Turn-Based Strategy Games

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:27 pm

The great thing about strategy gaming is that there are so many awesome facets to it.

http://www.strategygamer.com/articles/b ... egy-games/

Vorenus81

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:29 am

Endless legend remains as the best example on how to refresh a well known formula of the genre. The differences in gameplay between various factions are this game's greatest assets.
However X-COM 2 WotC is a top turn strategy game currently available.

jeffy777

Re: <t>The Strategy Gamer's Guide to... The Best (Modern) Turn-Based Strategy Games</t>

Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:30 pm

Thinking about picking up Endless Space 2 for $12 in the current humble bundle. It has to be worth it, right? Already own Endless Legend, but haven’t had a chance to play it much. Also, heads up for those who don’t know: you can get Endless Legend + DLC for under $7 plus some other goodies in the bundle as well (You get Endless Space and Dungeon of the Endless for only $1).

EICJoe

Re: <t>The Strategy Gamer's Guide to... The Best (Modern) Turn-Based Strategy Games</t>

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Thinking about picking up Endless Space 2 for $12 in the current humble bundle. It has to be worth it, right? Already own Endless Legend, but haven’t had a chance to play it much. Also, heads up for those who don’t know: you can get Endless Legend + DLC for under $7 plus some other goodies in the bundle as well (You get Endless Space and Dungeon of the Endless for only $1).
For $12 I'd say most games are worth it (although as a brit that price means more for me than it does for US peeps, I guess). I get the impression it's a weirdly inconsistent experience at times but overall a pretty good Space 4X.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

jeffy777

Tue May 01, 2018 9:24 pm

For $12 I'd say most games are worth it (although as a brit that price means more for me than it does for US peeps, I guess). I get the impression it's a weirdly inconsistent experience at times but overall a pretty good Space 4X.
Over 30 hours in already and loving every minute of it.

Chris 'o war

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:32 pm

its more turn based strategy then tactics but oke... what the heck you know... The same goes for Warhammer.... The mental attitude thats needed to play the game should actually prevent it from being named in any popularity list. Like you would include one of Germany's 2d ww scientist from in a oversight of people who made great efforts to understanding the genome

Return to “Strategy Gamer Front Page Discussion”