admin
Site Admin

The Strategy Gamer's Guide to... Essential Rimworld Mods

Wed May 23, 2018 11:27 am

Nearly five years ago I backed an interesting looking colony sim called Rimworld. When I started playing for the first time I found it was… alright.

http://www.strategygamer.com/articles/b ... orld-mods/

jeffy777

Re: <t>The Strategy Gamer's Guide to... Essential Rimworld Mods</t>

Thu May 24, 2018 12:49 am

Have had this on my wishlist. Sounds like I need to finally scoop it up.

EICJoe

Thu May 24, 2018 8:16 am

Have had this on my wishlist. Sounds like I need to finally scoop it up.
It's really quite a fun game, even in vanilla. Reading through the list myself made me realise how much better it can be made with mods. Now I'm feeling the itch to play it again.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

ianboudreau

Thu May 24, 2018 2:11 pm

I love Rimworld and now I'm looking forward to firing it up again to try these out. Great guide.

I haven't checked on it recently but there's a set of mods called Rim of Madness - Call of Cthulhu Expansion Pack. As you might guess, it adds a bunch of Lovecraft-inspired events, enemies, and structures to the game, and even makes old Howard Phillips available as your storyteller. Naturally, he's even more cavalier toward your colonists' lives (and sanity) than the default set (who aren't what I'd call nice to begin with).

AnnaBlackwell

Mon May 28, 2018 12:28 pm

The Lovecraft mods are great. I played a file where I had the survivors of a corrupt corporation (like, Weyland-Yutani) that escaped to a Rimworld and started to rebuild. There was a cult leader from the Lovecraft Cults mod, a geneticist from the Gene Mod (Can't remember its actual name rn), a hallowed from the self same mod, cybernetics researcher, a cannibal android, a vampire, and a werewolf.

They all killed each other within the year :'(

Return to “Strategy Gamer Front Page Discussion”