admin
Site Admin

Essential Hearts of Iron 4 Tips

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Hearts of Iron 4 can be unapologetic ally brutal to new wargamers with the sheer amount of systems involved, and especially after several DLCs and patches.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/hearts-of-iron-4-tips/

I153_Chaika

Re: <t>Essential Hearts of Iron 4 Tips</t>

Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:54 pm

Essentail HoI4 tips : the only viable European countries to play in a scenario without pre-defining some countries' development path are Germany and the USSR. Everything else will be blown to bits or made a puppet state by the Third Reich, or is a small country with boring gameplay and no own focus tree like Sweden or Ireland.

jeffnward

Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:35 pm

Guys,

Can we, once and forever, dispense with the notion that Hearts of Iron - any version - is a wargame? It's not! It's a thinly veiled arcade game, and it's a really bad arcade game where the consistent results bear no resemblance to any historical possibility.

There are so many other worthy titles deserving of coverage that I can't understand Wargamer.com's obsession with one of the worst strategy games ever produced. How many years do they spend trying to "improve" each version? I don't know about you, but why would anyone pay for a game that they've never been able to get "right."

So please, drop this one from your list and move on to just about anything else! Thank you.

Jeff

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”