admin
Site Admin

The Year in War Games 2019 - Computer War Games

Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:49 am

When I was putting together a year's end retrospective on wargaming at the end of 2018, Editor Joe and I had a discussion about the overall tone of the year...

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/comput ... ames-2019/

TokyoDan

Re: <t>The Year in War Games 2019 - Computer War Games</t>

Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:14 am

What is it with you people? Is this a generational thing ? Why don't you 'journalists' put captions or descriptions under screenshots like was commonly done in the days before the internet came about and let amatuers rule the world. Not everybody knows what game it is just by seeing one screenshot and some of us would like to know. I can think of only three reasons why you don't lable the screenshots (especially when they are not directly referred to in the article): 1. Unprofessionalism, 2. young and dumb and don't know what professionalism is, 3. Just plain lazy.

A Boomer.

EICJoe

Re: <t>The Year in War Games 2019 - Computer War Games</t>

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:54 am

What is it with you people? Is this a generational thing ? Why don't you 'journalists' put captions or descriptions under screenshots like was commonly done in the days before the internet came about and let amatuers rule the world. Not everybody knows what game it is just by seeing one screenshot and some of us would like to know. I can think of only three reasons why you don't lable the screenshots (especially when they are not directly referred to in the article): 1. Unprofessionalism, 2. young and dumb and don't know what professionalism is, 3. Just plain lazy.

A Boomer.
Hope you've had a great Christmas break Dan, thanks for being a loyal reader!
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”