admin
Site Admin

King of the Ants: Crusader Kings 3’s 20,000 characters are silent workers powering a medieval sandbox

Mon May 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Last week you’ll have seen a bunch of coverage go live around Crusader Kings 3. Press from around the world were given a brief presentation, and then around three full...

http://www.strategygamer.com/articles/c ... haracters/

delastone

Mon May 18, 2020 2:47 pm

The question is : are those events managed by AI drive by realistic geopolitical situation and decision, or are they just randomly selected just to give an impression of life on the world. If AI pushes your vassals or generals to attach random targets just for the sake of it and create political mess that you cannot extricate yourself from, what is the point. Did you feel any logic and common sense into those events ? I am afraid that paradox latest games did show us some "tweaked" and "weak" AI... Just wondering...

EICJoe

Re:

Mon May 18, 2020 4:41 pm

The question is : are those events managed by AI drive by realistic geopolitical situation and decision, or are they just randomly selected just to give an impression of life on the world. If AI pushes your vassals or generals to attach random targets just for the sake of it and create political mess that you cannot extricate yourself from, what is the point. Did you feel any logic and common sense into those events ? I am afraid that paradox latest games did show us some "tweaked" and "weak" AI... Just wondering...
The wars involving vassals I suspect were just the AI pressing various claims because they could. When you play as a Pagan in 867 it's actually really easy to just attack your neighbours because you have a permanent CB on anyone next to you, and that early on you can't stop your vassals fighting each other. If i'd been playing a Christian nation I suspect there'd have been less armies wondering around overall, although it's still something that can happen.

CK2 was like this as well mind, but there's a lot more visual niceties in CK3 so you can see things a lot clearer.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor
Wargamer.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Strategy Gamer Front Page Discussion”