admin
Site Admin

Imperator: Rome - One year on, Paradox's newest grand-strategy game is turning the tide

Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:20 pm

The Paradox business model of releasing incredibly ambitious (yet equally niche) grand strategy titles heavily supported by updates and paid DLC has allowed them to carve out a market of...

http://www.strategygamer.com/articles/i ... rchimedes/

Vorenus81

Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Thank you for update on the current status of this game. Since Antiquity is one of my favourites eras, I still hope that Paradox will improve this game.

"Endgame states, gorged after decades of conflict and conquest, should resemble the Roman Republic at its zenith: incredibly powerful, unimaginably wealthy, but sclerotic, unwieldy, and fractious. The massive influx of wealth and slaves distorted the character of the Roman Republic beyond recognition; civil and social wars replaced the threat of external invasion; the loyalty of the legions turned from the central government to ambitious generals. As of right now, Imperator lacks the mechanics to accurately model such challenges to imperial consolidation in any meaningful way.

If Paradox could make it to the state even remotely close to this described above, I would be buying this game instantly.

Juguemos a la guerra

Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:33 am

The main reason I don't play it at the moment is the lack of hotkeys.

the most intriguing is the lack of the "halt" army. And playing Parthia without a quick hotkey to manage the supplies is a torture.

I also would like to play an historical mode, with Anibal or Scipio.

This game has the prettiest map of all paradox games, such a waste.

Return to “Strategy Gamer Front Page Discussion”