Black Metal

Dawn of Man, Bannermen, Foundation...

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:54 am

Heyo boys, where you guys at with coverage on these releases? Any reviews forthcoming? I know Foundation is still early access but the other two dropped this month. lets go fellas!

Keep up the good work ;D

EICJoe

Re: Dawn of Man, Bannermen, Foundation...

Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:51 am

Bannermen is coming today, I believe. Not really got the other two on our radar at the moment.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

BA0701

Re: Dawn of Man, Bannermen, Foundation...

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:42 am

I purchased Dawn of Man, and personally I really enjoy it. Being new to the genre, not sure how much my opinion should be considered, but I will say this. I love the system that DoM uses for managing tasks. Instead of telling a single unit or group to perform a task, you simply set the task, along with the priority of the task, and let your people work. For instance, you want to gather fish, no need to select a person, or group of people, you simply add the task of gathering fish, set a priority on the fishing task, as well as a maximum amount of fish you want to have gathered, and leave it be. Once nothing with a higher priority is available, some of your people will begin fishing, and will do so until the maximum amount of fish you set has been reached. There is a lot of other options you are able to set as well.

As I mentioned, I am a long time gamer, but am new to the genre, so I am unaware of any other game that handles things in this way, but in the games I have played to date, I have not played one that handles management in this fashion, and this form of management has constantly come to my mind as a much more efficient way of handling things. So, I, personally, am loving that about the game, so far.

Return to “Computer Games”