admin
Site Admin

Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts Teaches You to Watch Your Weight (And Fire *Everything*)

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:33 am

Most folks know I’m a miniatures guy, so it makes sense that I gravitate towards computer games that mimic the graphics and play thereof.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/ultima ... hts-alpha/

DeRuyter66

Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:52 pm

Bill I am waiting for this one to go EA on Steam before jumping in. Since I have actually played with miniature ships on the real Olympia my preference is for the early end of the timeline. The part for Pre-Dreads and Dreadnoughts as the title suggests. If you peruse the Game Labs forum you'll find multiple comments about adding carriers and submarines as well as highly technical gunnery discussions involving post 1940 tech. Fingers crossed the devs (Nick T.) do not cave in and stick to the Dreadnought theme. If you ask me the title suggests an earlier break point say 1920s.

GalacticFi

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:02 am

"UK, the US, France, Italy, Imperial Germany, Spain, Austria-Hungary, Japan and Imperial China" - You forgot Russian Empire - I see their flag on screenshot.

hmgs1@hotmail.com

Re: <t>Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts Teaches You to Watch Your Weight (And Fire *Everything*)</t>

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:38 pm

GalactiFi, sure did, damn! Yes, the Maritime Holy Warriors of the Czar are there in all their glory, dutifully sailing towards Tsushima (ahem).

And yes, Michiel Adriaenszoon, I agree with you totally.

Colonel Bill

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”