admin
Site Admin

Review: Tigers on the Hunt

Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Both Squad Leader and Advanced Squad Leader have entranced hardcore World War II tactical wargamers since 1977.

http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/review- ... -the-hunt/

The Fox

Re: Review: Tigers on the Hunt

Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:48 pm

Good review.

Was initially not interested in this game but the review and the youtube playthroughs made me change my mind.

whovian223

Re: Review: Tigers on the Hunt

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:33 pm

Great review and just adds to how glad I am I picked it up on the 30% Easter sale.

I am discovering that I really suck at these games, so will have to keep learning. But this one makes it fun to do.

Wasp

Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:55 am

Thought about purchasing until I read the comment suggesting the use of a magnifying glass. Thanks for mentioning.

Snarf1000

Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:51 am

I recently bought this due to having fond memories of ASL. I was dissapointed that more hadn' t been done to the original game to improve it as I found it very expensive to purchase this.
I found the game non intuitive in almost every respect, the interface clunky in the extreme and worst of all it performed like a dog. That is if it worked at all. I cant get it to update, units dont appear at setup quite often and dont seem to be there as reinforcements. Moving around the map is jerky and slow if it happens at all and often moves you to a different location than that desired. I am running a I7 with GTX980 graphics and 32 gig of ram running at 4K (it seems to scale for this ok) but it performs like I am trying to run it on an Apple II. The performance is appalling. Having large maps with the inability to move around them other than by an extremey dodgy jump map makes it impossible to play. I can mouse scroll sometimes, but often in one direction only and not reliably.
For the price I would have expected a much more polished product than what I received which is virtually unplayable.

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”