admin
Site Admin

<t>Fortnite Season 5: What it means for iOS players</t>

Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:40 am

Fortnite’s Season 5 has officially arrived and it’s ready to cause a ton of sleepless nights.

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/f ... notes-ios/

Oynox

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:06 am

Yeah it???s a pity. Two articles about Fortnite at the front, no word about Battleheart 2. imonly visiting PT once a week now, to see what they are writing at the weekend.

EICJoe

Re:

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:38 am

Yeah it???s a pity. Two articles about Fortnite at the front, no word about Battleheart 2. imonly visiting PT once a week now, to see what they are writing at the weekend.
Once a week is all we can ask, thank you.

It's a real shame regarding Battleheart 2. If only there was a column that rounded up all the week's releases, thus largely negating the need for individual posts. Would be real handy to come out on a Friday.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

EICJoe

Re: <t>Fornite Season 5: What it means for iOS players</t>

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:44 am

Welcome to www.pocketfortnite.com...
You're right of course, why should we fight it any longer? Looking at the fourteen articles currently in the 'Latest' section of the homepage, a staggering 14% (or, 2/14) is devoted to Fortnite. We're clearly only about the chicken dinners at the moment and nothing else.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Snotty128

Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:40 am

Joes obviously had a double shot of sass in his Friday morning macchiato :D

This article is really good content imo. It’s observing something important that’s happening in the mobile space, and how the updates specifically effect people like us.

funso

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 am

Joes obviously had a double shot of sass in his Friday morning macchiato :D

This article is really good content imo. It’s observing something important that’s happening in the mobile space, and how the updates specifically effect people like us.
We're regular visitors to PocketTactics. We're people who like strategy games, turn based games, board games. Often times, we are people who come to PocketTactics because other sites tend to talk about MOBAS or FPS, just like every other site out there, and we wanted a site that talked about the things we like, instead.

This article is about something that specifically doesn't effect people like us.

I do realize that PocketTactics is part of a business, however. And they clearly have a plan that involves posting articles about things that don't really affect the main readership in order to secure revenue. I own a small business, and I do anything that can make me more money, so I get it.

EICJoe

Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:35 am

I do realize that PocketTactics is part of a business, however. And they clearly have a plan that involves posting articles about things that don't really affect the main readership in order to secure revenue. I own a small business, and I do anything that can make me more money, so I get it.
Thank you, I really do appreciate you trying to see things from my point of view. I know a lot of the core PT guys probably don't play Fortnite (although there's no reason why you shouldn't, it IS kinda fun), but at the same time maybe some do - I'm at least trying to cover this stuff in a way that makes sense for a site like ours.

But I've also got to be straight with you guys: catering to just the core audience isn't enough anymore. Too many of you have left, and the core topics don't generate enough content to maintain a minimum output. It's great that Owen and Dave made it work back in PT's heyday, but we have to face reality now.

I'm never going to abandon digital board games, or mobile strategy games or anything that you guys like: there's still value in being the go-to site for that kind of content, but I've got to start writing about wider topics to try and bring in new readers. Fortnite is not a terrible F2P game. It's just a popular F2P game. If you don't play it, we still write about plenty of other stuff you probably do play so please, let's stop with the "Oh what has this place become" talk, eh?
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”