admin
Site Admin

Review: MIYAMOTO

Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:24 am

Bestowing your game with the same name as that of the most famous game’s designer on the planet is a bold statement.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/miyamoto/

zot23

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:35 pm

You do realize that there was more than one famous Miyamoto. Like the most famous Samurai in all of feudal Japan and person this game was most likely named after:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyamoto_Musashi

His connection to portly plumbers is still undetermined ;)

Grudunza

Re: <t>Review: MIYAMOTO</t>

Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Is there some way to turn down/off the music? I’ve poked around and can’t seem to accomplish that. That’s a dealbreaker for me. Developers, please don’t make something like that obscure!

biffpow

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:50 pm

Great review, of a game I was not aware of and is perfectly suited for this site (and me)!

I was sold on this game (neat idea and presentation) until I arrived at the sentence, "There is little opportunity to manage the content of your deck." Ummmm, why have a deck if you can't manage it? It's 2019, not 1985. With that much luck involved, it makes the strategy seem almost irrelevant. Hopefully, they will correct this obvious flaw : )

ClemFandango

Re: <t>Review: MIYAMOTO</t>

Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:37 am

There is strategy, it’s just not really a deck builder and shouldn’t be portrayed as one. Your deck is basically one copy of every guy. When you win a fight you can add another copy of a guy to your deck (always add a second thief if you get the opportunityj. All the guys have have special powers and the strategy is making the best out of the guys you draw.

It’s pretty hard to win. I’ve beat the big boss guy once out of dozens of tries (with the archer). I do almost always get to him now that I’ve got a good grasp of how all the different little guys work.

Mgdpublic1

Tue May 14, 2019 7:30 pm

Would anyone mind telling me what the final guy- Miyamoto's "wide-range" ability means? I don't want to start the level without knowing what it does. This game sure could use a little more explanation. Some units you can move two spaces and it doesn't say that. Thanks!

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”