admin
Site Admin

Review: Evolution: The Video Game

Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:52 am

Charles Darwin claimed, “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, not the most intelligent that survives.

http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews/ev ... ideo-game/

anto

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:35 pm

quoting from review:

"there appears to be a lot of dead space on the screen. The watering hole takes up a large chunk of space, maybe at the expense of larger, easier to read cards."

that was the first feedback I gave when I received the first beta last year, seems it was pointless to point it out :-)

Fast forward to today: after updating from beta to release version (1.0.1), I have been rewarded with, shall I say, impressively large app loading time (~1 minute to start a local game) culminating with fabulous crashes. And yes, I have deleted then reinstalled the app, also rebooted the device, no luck (if there is a such thing ...).

Hopefully I am not the only one to have experienced such joys, so that the developers may have incentives to check things out, else I guess I'll see myself out ...

EICJoe

Re: <t>Review: Evolution: The Video Game</t>

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:50 pm

For what it's worth, I had some slowness loading into games when I was checking it out on my Galaxy S6 phone. Thought it was just because it's a slightly older phone but maybe some of the graphical elements aren't optimised properly.

I would have thought if Matt had encountered any serious lag he would have mentioned it though, but then he usually does his reviews on a decent iPad.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

mintsauce

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Doesn’t seem optimised for larger iPhones. Depending on the game screen/orientation there are noticeable black bars.

acedout

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:17 pm

Runs fine on my iPad Pro. Not a single crash. Neat game but sure, space is not optimised. Boy, that's a large lake!

EICJoe

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:54 am

Runs fine on my iPad Pro. Not a single crash. Neat game but sure, space is not optimised. Boy, that's a large lake!
I also feel the 3D element is probably unnecessary (and may not be helping with technical issues on older devices, perhaps. Go big or go home, I guess?
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”